See the awesome Victoria Falls
A legendary land traversed by the mighty Zambezi, Zambia features breathtaking lakes, mighty wetlands and incredible wildlife. Explore Luangwa National Park and Lower Zambezi – game viewing by day and night or on foot make for excellent safaris. Considered one of the wonders of the natural world, don’t miss Victoria Falls, marvelling at huge clouds of spray rising up into the air as six waterfalls plummet to the chasm below.
Zambia Holiday Highlights
- Visit Victoria Falls, known locally as Mosi-oa-Tunya or the ‘Smoke that Thunders’. At the height of the wet season more than 564 million cubic metres of water cascade over the edge into a gorge over 100 metres below.
- Enjoy plenty of photo opportunities – you may capture herds of migrating zebra, elephants or big cats on film depending on the time of year.
Zambia – The Essentials
- If visiting local villages, a long skirt or trousers and longer sleeves are recommended.
- During game viewing wear neutral colours and bring layers for the cooler mornings; binoculars are a must.
- Due to the use of mobile camps, extra batteries are a must as electricity for charging items may not always be available.